Our Founder Michelle
Michelle is the Founder of Sandstone Yoga & the Director of the Sandstone Teacher Training Academy. She opened her first studio in 2013 after starting teaching yoga humbly in her attic. She is a Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals and her Academy holds the highest possible accreditation, that of Trainer Pro.
She is a warm, inclusive, passionate teacher who connects well with all students regardless of their starting point. has trained over 200 students in the Academy and many more with post graduate qualifications. With 3000 babies born from her pregnancy classes she trains pregnancy yoga teachers and also runs Yoga Nidra, Yoga for the Menopasue, Yin Yoga & Chakra Yoga post grads courses.
Michelle teaches online via zoom & instudio in Sutton Coldfield weekly. At this Yoga Flow class we work through the whole body systematically and use breathing & deep relaxation techniques.
Michelle has on demand courses available including Yoga Basics, Yoga for the Menopause, Teaching Pregnancy Yoga, Teaching Menopause Yoga & 30 hour/50 hour Yin Yoga Teacher training.
Michelle hosts UK & international retreats.
A Message from Michelle
"Come as you are, be yourself, don’t care what anyone else thinks about you (I don’t but be kind to people). Your time on your mat is for YOU. It really is that simple"
Michelle's Classes & Courses
Online and Blended Options Available
Teaching Yin Yoga CPD
A flexible teaching Yin Yoga CPD with three learning options available:
- 30 hours fully online. Pre-recorded content and guided learning you can complete in your own time.
- 50 hours fully online. Pre-recorded content and guided learning you can complete in your own time.
- 50 hours blended. Pre-recorded content and guided learning you can complete in your own time and 12 hours learning in-person. Next dates for in person learning: Friday 24th & Saturday 25th September 2021.
During the Teaching Yin Yoga CPD you will:
- Experience the practice of Yin Yoga.
- Study the history, philosophy and theory behind Yin Yoga.
- Examine the postures and explore the skills required for teaching.
- Investigate the anatomy of Yin Yoga.
As a result of the course you will have a deeper understanding of the practice of Yin Yoga.
Qualified Yoga teachers will be equipped to confidently and effectively deliver Yin Yoga classes.
This course is run and taught by Michelle Nicklin SYT and Louise Tonge RYT. Michelle is a Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals UK. As a result, your training hours can be used for CPD and further training recognition. However, please check with your governing body (YAP, BWY, IYN etc) for their particular requirements.
This course hours counts towards the Sandstone 500.